Monday, August 28, 2006

Please Excuse Me...

Everybody Up!

Here I am again...Trespassing. What, you may ask, am I committing such a crime upon? Your mind.

"They say graffiti frightens people and is symbolic of the decline in society, but graffiti is only dangerous in the minds of three types of people: Politicians, Advertising Executives, and Graffiti Writers."

Too true...Politicians expect their ratings to improve when the speak of smashing the vandals that roam their countries, counties and cities. Advertising Executives dislike graffiti because it often covers up the product that they worked oh so hard to produce and get known. And graffiti writers...Well, I don't think I need to say much about that. But really, what is the difference between graffiti and advertising? Aside from the amount of money that gets put into them...almost nothing. So then why is it that Wal-Mart throws a fit when someone puts a few letters on the side of their building without their permission, but they jump at the chance to put up a new billboard or TV Commercial? Their advertisements allow them to get noticed. My advertisements allow me to get noticed.

Personally. Graffiti is a way for me to strike back at the massive amounts of advertisement that is shoved my way every day. Thousands of advertisements are plastered on the sides of buses...So then why is it that I'm not allowed to paint my name on the side of a freight train? They never asked my permission, so don't even bother starting to ask theirs. I never had a say in where their ads were placed...so I'm not going to give anyone a say in where I place mine.

(C) 2006 SEASE Productions. All Rights Reserved, All Wrongs Justified. (Thanks Banksy!) |V|A|N|D|A|L|I|S|M| - My Anti-Drug!

5 Comments:

At 1:29 p.m., Blogger blondie said...

you no thats extremely true never really looked at it that way

 
At 10:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have very good point and its pretty damn true

 
At 7:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

...sean, that's such a freaking childish opinion. Wal-mart may suck ass, but they PAY for advertising. you don't. you pay for paint and whatever else, and that's it. and while it does brighten up otherwise fugly wall, it's still technically vandalism. and politicians who use graffiti as one of their issues piss me off too(mainly cause i think most politicians are soulless asses...), but you can't be up in arms against the world just because they don't like it when you decide to get artistic on their property...

 
At 7:14 p.m., Blogger SEASE said...

It may be a freaking childish opinion, but it's mine...Don't agree with me? Okay. I'm glad you told me your point of view, but please don't feel the need to attack me for holding my own freaking childish opinion. I'm entitled to my own opinion, just as you are to yours...even if you're wrong. :P

 
At 12:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR KAESR

- that,...is blatant self promotion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home