Sunday, November 19, 2006

While You Were Sleeping Part 2: Saturday Night

Everybody Up!

Morality and legislation are mere shades of gray. Bribery is criminal but lobbying is artistic, scientific. In the future perhaps all scientists should carry guns. Why not?
I hear presumptuous kids today claiming, "I know what I like." That's cool but when I hear the above comment, I must counter, "No, you like what you know."

Creating scenery is not a simple task, requiring construction crews, Hollywood special effects, computer graphics, so on and so forth...Graffiti is symbolic in movies and television worldwide. If a producer or set director wants to create the illusion of a poorer, rougher neighbourhood...they'll throw a couple ill-warranted tags on a park bench, or a dumpster. Grittier settings will most often have marker scribbles of those of their aerosol counterparts...As seen here:
It's really a bothersome idea. That Graffiti signifies the dereclict. The decrepit decay of an urban habitat. When was the last time you saw a movie that this picture as the background?
I'd say...Never.

So here I am, bitching about the view that Graffiti has in the public eye...all the while doing nothing to help it. You know why? Because nothing I do will honestly make a difference...and that's fine.
We go out at night and do our stuff, run away...and come back in the morning to snap a couple photos...and then we go on. That's part of the reason why people hate Graffiti so much...because they don't know who's doing it. Saturday night, we roll in under the cover of shadows...we paint our piece, do our thing, then get out. Of course, most never see this. The see a wall one Saturday, go to bed. Sunday morning, they go out and see some strange, generally illegible THING spray painted without THEIR permission, on this wall that's been blank for as long as they can remember. It's like "How DARE They Do This!". They take personal offense, like we did it just to spite them. I'm sorry, and once again...I mean no offense. But I think I speak for most writers out there when I say...we don't care enough to do anything like that to spite you. We just do it 'cause we can.

Everyday is Saturday Night, but I can't wait for Sunday Morning...when people wake up and see what we did...While You Were Sleeping.

(C) 2006. SEASE Productions/Buford Industries. All Rights Reserved, All Wrongs Justified.

2 Comments:

At 7:04 p.m., Blogger blondie said...

BIG KITTY!
haha i love that picture:D

 
At 12:06 p.m., Blogger SEASE said...

Figured you might.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home