Thursday, June 22, 2006

Already Over!

Alright kiddies, listen up. I've got two things currently bothering me so I'm going to address both of them here and now. One is my lack of good updates since I finished Psychology...Two is the way my peers run their relationships. Guess what, by ranting about the teenage relationship, I can vent my exasperations at my friends AND take care of my lack of decent posts. If you're looking for a critical-essay that is written in a five-paragraph format, uses proper english and has a formal approach...get lost, this isn't it. And so we begin:

It's recently become alarming how much people my age are attached to this image of a "Boyfriend/Girlfriend" relationship. It's like marriage. A novel idea, but it's just a falsity that helps your state of mind and security. People decide to get married, as if spending grotesque amounts of money on a huge party, an ugly cake, an uglier dress, swapping rings, and receiving a marriage certificate are going to make their relationship airtight. The same goes for teenage relationships. People seem to think that having the title of "Boyfriend and Girlfriend", and going on "Dates" is going to make them something special. As if it classifies them as people of importance. I'm guilty of it. I dated someone for two years, and I felt the same way. However, I've become rather jaded lately. People are deciding to "Take a break from eachother" or they claim there's nothing between them anymore aside from friendship, and yet they're still going on self-proclaimed "Dates" and they still act like they own eachother. It bugs me...It's white or black here...no grey area. (Apparently no grey-matter either.) If you're going to be "Boyfriend And Girlfriend", then be it. If you're not going to call eachother by the titles you've beset, DON'T GO ON DATES, DON'T MAKE OUT, Etc. Etc. "Friends With Benefits" doesn't work either...that's just stupid.

The way I see it, you don't need any titles to be close to someone. It's not as though you need a marriage certificate to live with a non-family member, so why should you need to be someone's "Boyfriend" to cuddle with her? Do you have to be dating to kiss someone? Last time I checked, there were no physical boundaries limiting my lips...and I plan on keeping it that way. What's the point of a title. If you like someone, tell them. If you want to be together, then be together. Why can't you just chill with someone? When did "Dates" become such a huge deal? As I said I dated someone for 2 years and we went on a total of 3 "Official Dates", but we hung out almost every day. Titles are dumb. Pre-set dates are a waste of planning time and energy, and feeling that you need to date someone to be close to them is a misconception that seems to rule our society...

Please people, see the light. It's a lot easier than you think it is. All you guys that freeze up when you try to ask a girl out, you'll never have that problem again. Just be their friend...if things happen from there, so be it. It's not as big a deal as ya'll play it out to be. Maybe you should lay of the sitcoms and other crappy TV.

(C) 2006 Sean Slater. All Rights Reserved, All Wrongs Justified. SEASE1 Productions.

2 Comments:

At 3:53 p.m., Blogger SEASE said...

My rant to you made me realise: "Hey! This is worth posting on my Blog." Damn straight! Also, it's Deja Vu...

 
At 11:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home