Friday, April 07, 2006

Disequilibrium...The Strained Peace Of Duality

This one is about Education. It has been pointed out to me that there is a problem with the current education system. I completely agree with Mr. Maroney on it. It takes us students from the age of like...eight, sticks us in a seat with a desk infront of us, forces a pencil into our right hand (I should've been a Leftie, were it not for my Kindergarten teacher...wretched hag) and crams information into our brains...(I swear, the only way it could be more violent is if they smashed it in our ears with a potato-masher...), and force us to regurgitate it onto a slim piece of paper with Circles to fill in with a No. 2 HB Pencil. Fascist pigs. This is not necessarily against the Teachers, although some of them are Nazis too...It's the universal idea that sticking the youth into schools will somehow make us the intelligent and upstanding individuals that people want to see. Don't make me laugh. How many times do I need to tell you people?! Nothing Worth Learning Can Be Taught. The most important thing I'm getting out of my school is an open mind...and that's from Mr. Maroney, who is so contrary to the school-board's ideas that you have to wonder how the hell he got hired! THATS IT!

Public Education does good, it teaches people the three R's. Read, Rite and 'Rithmetic. I once had a young student tell me that...Scares me to no end. How is that three R's...only one of them starts with an R for goodness' sake!
It kills people's curiosity. Not to mention, it makes people think within boxes. It constricts people's imaginations, tells them that Daydreaming is the Devil, and that scribbling stuff on a paper is more important than a proper social experience or your mental well-being. I saw it to the point of distraction in the States with the IB program. My (now Ex-) Girlfriend and her fellow IB students were and still are stressed to the point where simple things are harder to tackle for them than most people. I've seen it happen. And it forces people like them, and those close to them to have to walk on eggshells to make sure that they don't make a bad move and screw themselves over. It forces them to work to the point of exhaustion, killing their social life and their mental well-being...But they have a Damn good work ethic! What is the world coming to?!

The human race is in the middle of a crisis. We're killing ourselves...and not too slowly. And what is the education system doing to change this? Jack Squat! We've been teaching the same crap in rich countries' school's for Centuries...and look at the state of the world. Simple classification is so ingrained in our bodies and minds that it restricts us, and the education system only narrows it even further. We're in for it. We practically asked for it.

(C) 2006 Sean Slater (Thanks Maroney!) All Rights Reserved, All Wrongs justified.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 p.m., Blogger SEASE said...

And which pieces have you read? And how do you know who I was talking about? I know yours...but mine involve many different people in my life, many of which you don't even know.

Simply wondering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home